The Problem of Desire
Rev. Cyndi Simpson
From our Sixth Source: “Wisdom from the world’s religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life.” Rev Cyndi’s sermon focuses on how Buddhism addresses our deepest desires so that we may resist them. Or perhaps this resistance is not what Buddhism asks of us?
- Potluck, Documentary, and Panel Discussion: “I Dream of an Omaha Where…”
- A Symposium on Time
- Join Social Justice to Call for an End to Detention for Women and Children Seeking Asylum
- Town Hall Meeting hosted by Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance
- Teen Movie Night – TONIGHT August 21st – 4:00p.m.
- We are looking for a few good UUs to help out.
- Black & Blue Town Hall Meeting (offsite) 08/27/2016 Howard Kennedy Elementary
- Welcome Reception 08/28/2016 2U – Sanctuary
- Potluck, Documentary, and Panel Discussion: "I Dream of an Omaha Where..." 08/28/2016 2U – Sanctuary
- Call for an End to Detention for Women and Children Seeking Asylum 09/01/2016 Representative Brad Ashford’s Office
- Annual Book Sale 09/25/2016 2U – Sanctuary
- Annual Book Sale 10/02/2016 2U – Sanctuary