Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living
In Becoming Wise, Krista Tippett has created a master class in living for a fractured world. Fracture, she says, is not the whole story of our time. The enduring question of what it means to be human has become inextricable from the challenge of who we are to one another. She insists on the possibility of personal depth and common life for this century, nurtured by science and “spiritual technologies,” with civility and love as muscular public practice. And, accompanied by a cross-disciplinary dream team of a teaching faculty, she shows us how.
Krista Tippett was the Ware Lecturer for the UUA General Assembly in 2016, and is the creator and host of the award winning radio program and podcast On Being.
We’ll be using the six part discussion guide for facilitation.
- December 3rd: Becoming Wise – Introduction: The Age of Us
- December 10th: Becoming Wise – Words: The Poetry of Creatures
- December 17th: Becoming Wise – Flesh: The Body’s Grace
- December 24th: No First Hour
- December 31st: Becoming Wise – Love: A Few Things I’ve Learned
- January 7th: Becoming Wise – Faith: The Evolution
- January 14th: Our January Share the Plate organization
- January 21st: Becoming Wise – Hope: Reimagined
First Hour runs from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Sanctuary on Sunday morning. Childcare is provided.