Our small groups provide a way to connect with others and foster relationships on a deeper level than is often possible in our daily lives. These provide opportunities to really listen to others and to be heard by them, for we believe we are most truly human when we are able to be in authentic relationship with others.
Within Our Church Community
Please check the church calendar for dates and times.
- Blackstone Book Club – meets monthly to discuss a selected book.
- Meditation Group – meets monthly to learn and practice the art of meditation.
- Parents Group – join other parents of young children for monthly potluck dinners during the school year.
- Retirees’ Group – join other retirees monthly to hear informative speakers and for conversation and friendship.
- Open Arms Trans Social Group – holds a potluck meal and social gathering every third Saturday of the month from noon to 2:00 pm at the church for transgender youth, children, and their friends and families. Visit the Open Arms Trans Social Group website at openarmsomaha.com.
- Writing for Spiritual Growth – meets monthly to express spirituality through poetry and prose.
- Spiritual Education Classes – various classes and workshops are offered throughout the year to help you deepen your spiritual journey.
Reaching out to the Greater Community
We feel it is also important to connect with the greater community beyond the walls of this congregation. We are very active in Omaha Together One Community, and our Social Justice Committee works to:
- Become a beacon to the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender (LGBT) community
- Care for our environment
- End racism